Data Research Engineer NLP (m/f)
Do you love working with large volumes of text? Can you transform the knowledge hidden in our clients' text-based data into new business models? Does language hold a special place in your heart? Welcome to Sclable.
Data Research Engineer NLP
with an analytical mindset and
The desire for a systematic and profitable use of data is rising all the time in more and more companies. New questions demand new answers to be found in text-based data. To make the most of this sometimes deeply buried potential, you need specialists who can combine a knowledge of IT, mathematics, statistics and linguistics in a skilful way. If this sounds like you, then you're just who we're looking for.
- You are driving the strategic assessment of existing technologies around our core application use-cases in NLP (semantic search, information extraction, text summarization, document retrieval, and knowledge-based reasoning) on industrial scale deployments.
- Keep an ongoing dialog with the relevant applied research community through outreach programs, conference participation, and teaching to drive engagement.
- Research and document best-practices in Industry scale NLP applications, communicate the findings in feasibility reports to our customer and implement StOTA product solutions in code.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect on the design and architecture of NLP based systems and components
- Commit production-scale code to extend internal and open-source libraries according to our customer's requirements.
- Work closely with business development and business-design architects to prepare and conduct technical workshops and customer presentations.
- Ability to quickly reason about possible solutions, and the complexities in adapting best-practice solutions to a given customers problem in a whiteboard discussion.
- Deep understanding of the statistical and mathematical basis of modern machine-learning, common deep-learning based NLP architectures (CNN, LSTM, neural Embeddings, Attention) and their implementation practices (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Caffee, etc.)
- Strong computational background in OOP (Python, Java/Scala, C++) in both prototyping and production environments.
- Relevant research and development experience (min. 3-5 years) in either an academic or applied industry setting.
- Academic background in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics preferred).
- Ability to work independently and self-organized.
- Fluent in spoken and written English (German is a plus).
- Plus #1 Experienced in algorithmic research and development.
- Plus #2 Background in functional programming in Scala.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- A new way of thinking and working that rapidly brings success to innovative ideas.
- Work in an ensemble of experienced AI and Data Science experts, covering all areas of AI and DS, enjoying to share ideas and expertise.
- Open communication, flat hierarchy, plenty of individual responsibility.
- The opportunity to keep evolving rapidly in diverse and challenging R&D projects within mission critical industry applications.
- Office in the heart of weXelerate, the biggest start-up hub in central and eastern Europe.
- The actual salary depends on your qualifications and experience! By law, we are obliged to state a minimum salary of some EUR 3,000 (based on 38.5 hours) according to the 2018 Collective Agreement on Data Processing and Information Technology.
Digital transformation opens up new opportunities for many industries. To take advantage, it isn’t enough to come up with a good idea. It’s about introducing smarter digital products and services onto the market faster than the competition.
Sclable combines the strategic excellence of consultancy with the creativity of a design agency and the technical expertise of a software developer. We make impossible solutions possible.
Since its establishment in 2012 Sclable has been working on the interface between consultancy, technology and design. It has helped many prosperous companies and partners achieve even greater success ever since. Companies like the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB), Roland Berger, Umdasch Group Ventures, Hoerbiger and many more.
We want to be one of the top players in digital transformation in the German-speaking world in the next two years. We want to continue as a service provider, but we also want to develop and implement new business models, products and services in collaboration with our partners. To achieve that we need your support.
The future says: Do something. Are you ready?