Computer Vision Research Engineer (m/f)
Do you want to teach our systems how to see and think? You want our systems to move through unknown surroundings based on visual inputs and learn to make decisions independently? Welcome at Sclable.
Computer Vision Research Engineer
with a perfect overview of the current research landscape
and a clear view of efficient solutions
The analysis and processing of freeze-frames and video material increasingly provides the decisive basis for decision making for industrial applications. Computer Vision is thus one of the key success factors for autonomous driving, quality inspection, automated processing, facial recognition and many other promising fields of application. We are looking for a specialist in this field, who develops and shares his highly specialized know-how together with other specialists in the team and helps bringing breakthrough business applications to the market.
- Drive the strategic assessment of existing technologies around our core technical application use-cases.
- Keep the contact and exchange with the relevant research community.
- Document best-practices in delivering industry scale CV applications.
- Collaborate with the Data Architect on the design and architecture of computer vision based systems and components.
- Update existing best practice code examples to changes in technologies.
- Research applications of CV to the strategic industry verticals and communicate/document the findings for the company.
- Collaborate with the sales and data consulting team in preparing and conducting pre-sales and sales workshops for customers as they relate to technical consulting on the topics of CV.
- Lead the discovery of relevant algorithms to solve customer tasks for CV together with the team.
- Devise, communicate and drive the strategic competence and knowledge strategy for the area of applied CV.
- Min of 3+ years of applied work in the field of computer vision (preferably in industry R&D setting).
- Min of 1+ year(s) experience in research in the field of computer vision (applied R&D is a plus).
- Strong programming skills in OOP (Python, Java, C++).
- In-depth knowledge of CV frameworks (OpenCV, SOD, CUDA, dlib, etc..).
- Working knowledge of Auto-diff frameworks for deep-learning training (Tensorflow/Pytorch/Caffe).
- Experience implementing mathematical computations, algorithmic development for CV.
- University degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics) preferred.
- Graduate or undergraduate program focused on Computer Vision is a plus.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- A new way of thinking and working that rapidly brings success to innovative ideas.
- Work in an ensemble of experienced AI and Data Science experts, covering all areas of AI and DS, enjoying to share ideas and expertise.
- Open communication, flat hierarchy, plenty of individual responsibility.
- The opportunity to keep evolving rapidly in diverse and challenging R&D projects within mission critical industry applications.
- Office in the heart of weXelerate, the biggest start-up hub in central and eastern Europe.
- The actual salary depends on your qualifications and experience! By law, we are obliged to state a minimum salary of some EUR 3,000 (based on 38.5 hours) according to the Collective Agreement on Data Processing and Information Technology.
Digital transformation opens up new opportunities for many industries. To take advantage, it isn’t enough to come up with a good idea. It’s about introducing smarter digital products and services onto the market faster than the competition.
Sclable combines the strategic excellence of consultancy with the creativity of a design agency and the technical expertise of a software developer. We make impossible solutions possible.
Since its establishment in 2012 Sclable has been working on the interface between consultancy, technology and design. It has helped many prosperous companies and partners achieve even greater success ever since. Companies like the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB), Roland Berger, Umdasch Group Ventures, Hoerbiger and many more.
We want to be one of the top players in digital transformation in the German-speaking world in the next two years. We want to continue as a service provider, but we also want to develop and implement new business models, products and services in collaboration with our partners. To achieve that we need your support.
The future says: Do something. Are you ready?