Senior Service Designer (m/f/d)
Are you looking for the next step in your career journey? A place that will give you more autonomy and opportunities to learn? Are you a natural talent at observing and understanding people and their behavior? If the words ‘empathetic’, ‘structured’ and ‘perceptive’ are used to describe you, this could be the role for you. Welcome to Sclable.
What you will be doing
- Gaining a deep understanding of our clients’ strategies and goals and using this to define what will bring value to their business
- Educating our clients on human-centered design and research
- Conducting pre-workshop research, analysis and synthesis while preparing session framework and decks
- Confidently leading and moderating workshops and co-creation sessions
- Presenting workshop results to client stakeholders, up to C-level management
- Guiding the business modeling process by understanding the market as well as constraints in technical feasibility (in collaboration with technical experts)
- Identifying opportunities with our existing clients to add business value for them while growing and expanding our project portfolio
- Developing talent and our network within the Service Design community by attending conferences, applying for keynote presentations and developing insightful content for publishing purposes
What you should have
- 10+ years of experience working in service design or similar role (e.g within a consultancy, agency or within a client-facing team)
- Proven track record of coaching multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural teams
- Proven track record of hosting complex client workshops and co-creation sessions
- Deep understanding of digital product- and service-development
- Deep understanding of user research and an up-to-date grasp of various approaches and methodologies
- Highly accomplished at defining complex but efficient user journeys, service blueprints and personas
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in both German and English (verbal and written)
- Self-starter personality with a result-oriented working style
- Willingness to travel within Europe if the project requires it (max. 30% of your working time)
- Experience within the following industries: Fintech / Health Care / Manufacturing/ Building Construction / Consumer Goods
- Experience in business application product management
- Degree in design or related field
- Experience in strategy development or market trend analysis
- Strong visual communication skills
What we offer
- Flat hierarchy: open communication, empowerment and shared responsibility
- Ideal environment for independent but collaborative personalities
- Less restriction than in big agencies or corporates
- Flexible hours and the option of a hybrid working agreement
- Interesting and diverse challenges with developmental opportunities
- Work within a team of experts who enjoy sharing ideas and knowledge
- The gross monthly salary starts at € 4.000,- (according to the collective agreement for data processing and information technology) and, depending on qualifications and experience, usually ranges around € 4.500,-; in the case of special qualifications/experience, we are prepared to negotiate beyond that.
What you can expect from the process:
- The first step would be to email your portfolio to the main point-of-contact below; a portfolio that is up-to-date and that you love. We should get a feeling for your approach towards design as well as projects, products and services that you have successfully delivered. For this role, we would need to see examples of your strategic, behavioral and creative capabilities and how they were applied.
- You will receive an email response with our feedback on your portfolio and a proposal on the next steps
Interviews (as a result of a successful portfolio review):
We value flexibility and will aim to accommodate your schedule and circumstances as much as we possibly can. We aim to make the process as stress-free and comfortable as possible.
- 30 min introductory call with our Head of HR (remote video call)
- 60+ min interview with Director of Product & Service Design and Head of HR (remote video call or in-office session)
- 60+ min meet-and-greet session (in-office session) to get to know your future team and address any final queries or outstanding topics
At Sclable we actively seek out diversity and promote inclusion among staff. We embrace all differences based on demographic characteristics and identities and strongly believe that diversity enriches our perspectives, improves our performance and increases our wellbeing. Therefore, we encourage applications from qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and across all abilities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or any other protected category.
Not exactly what you are looking for?
Check out our other open positions.