Scrum Master (m/f/d)
What makes a good Scrum Master? CSM? PSM? A-CSM? PSMII? Sclable doesn’t think so. We think that a good Scrum Master can apply abstract theory and effectively adapt it in real work situations.
A good Scrum Master has exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Certificates and training are valuable and important, but in the end, these are just tools. The tools alone don’t guarantee agile success.
Are you a team player with the ability to understand, inspire and educate teams? Are you comfortable having difficult conversations and are always in favor of constructive feedback? If people use the words ‘empathetic’, ’structured’ and ‘hands-on’ to describe you, this could be the role for you.
What you will be doing
- Fostering communication between team members via appropriate channels
- Actively driving regular exchange between team members
- Understanding the Scrum framework and being able to educate team members and clients
- Being the main go-to person for the team
- Wearing many hats to serve the team: mediator, facilitator, coach etc.
- Facilitating (Scrum) meetings (e.g. retrospective, etc.)
- Ensuring tooling is maintained (e.g. Atlassian Tools, Miro, etc.)
- Aligning with the Agile Coach on process improvements
- Creating opportunities (e.g. adapted retrospectives) for the team to learn and grow
- Proactively aligning with stakeholders and sharing progress updates
- Supporting the team in their pursuit of becoming a self-organizing unit
- Driving a team culture of continuous improvement by encouraging constructive feedback
- Supporting the PO/Business Design Architect with backlog management (e.g. keeping it structured and clear)
What you should have
- 2+ years of experience in enabling Scrum teams to achieve consistent, value-generating results and self-organization
- Proven track record of establishing a Scrum team and optimizing on implemented processes for teams to deliver consistent value
- Fundamental understanding of digital product and service development
- Deep understanding of Scrum methodology
- Adaptability to move seamlessly across different projects and level of problem-solving
- Team-centric mindset: a genuine desire to help teams solve their problems while keeping the client and user top-of-mind
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Self-starter personality with a result-oriented working style
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in both German and English (verbal and written)
- Willingness to travel if project requires it (max. 30% of your working time)
- Experience as a Scrum Master in client project settings
- Scrum Master certifications
- Basic knowledge of other agile frameworks
What we offer
- Flat hierarchy: open communication, empowerment and shared responsibility
- Ideal environment for independent but collaborative personalities who want to advance the agile mindset
- Less restriction than in big agencies or corporates
- Flexible hours and option of a hybrid working agreement
- Interesting and diverse challenges with developmental opportunities
- Work within an agile team of experts who enjoy sharing ideas and knowledge
- The gross monthly salary starts at € 3.400,- (according to the collective agreement for data processing and information - technology) and, depending on qualifications and experience, usually ranges around € 4.000,-; in the case of special - qualifications/experience, we are prepared to negotiate beyond that.
Your point of contactApply now
Not exactly what you are looking for?
Check out our other open positions.
Want to know more about Sclable?
Take a look at our benefits.